Sponsor Ollie's Mr Stink!!
Ollie drives everything we do here at Kufunza. It's his ability to make friends with kids in Tanzania and his determination that they should be fed enough to grow just like him, that got us started. Its his little 7 year old passion and love for his mates that keep me locked onto this computer always searching for ways we can raise funds. It's his constant questioning and 'why not' attitude that keep us all pushing forward with the dream of building school vegetable gardens and making sure kids across East Africa are fed a nutrition packed lunch every day so that we can stop the scourge of stunted growth.
And if you've ever read David Walliams wonderful childrens book 'Mr Stink' you'll know it shouldn't matter what our friends look like, where they live, or how they live, we can have compassion and love for all sorts of people.
So, on a day when he has literally rolled in the mud to recreate his favourite book character, Mr Stink, I wonder if any of you will help me to show him how much we love his dedication.
If we can get 1000 people to donate $4 each we can let one more school onto our program and know that one more community may just be able to #stopstuntedgrowth.
Your collective $4's will pay for:
- installation of a school vegetable garden and fruit orchard.
- installation of rainwater tank and reticulation to ensure the garden is water secure.
- all the seeds, saplings and seedlings required to get the schools garden growing enough crops
- a kitchen upgrade so that the school is able to take the fruits and veggies grown and turn them into a nutritious lunch for every child.
- employment of local staff members who can tend the garden, cook the food and support the kids and local community to learn how they can recreate the vegetable gardening (and cooking) at home.
What will you spend $4 on today? Bet it wont get you anything like the joy you'll get from seeing all of this take place.
1000 of you sounds huge. But if each and everyone of you share this appeal on your Facebook pages and only 3 of each of our friends chucked in $4 each, we'd have our $4000!! Doesn't sound so hard now does it! So please, please, please, make Ollie the happiest Mr Stink you ever did see :)